The international day of Happiness takes place every year on the 20th March! The United Nations created this day in order to help spread recognition of the importance of happiness in the lives of all people around the world.
In 2015 The UN created development goals that aim to protect our planet, reduce inequality and end poverty which in turn will lead to happiness and the increased well being of all.
“Tread softly. Breathe peacefully. Laugh hysterically.”―Nelson Mandela
Take a look at the International Day of Happiness 2017 Small Smurfs Big Goals video.
In acknowledgement of this day here are 5 things that make me happy!
1. My daughter, every single day this little lamb makes me smile. The way she looks at me on a morning when she wakes up just fills me with warmth and I feel cosy and ready to start the day! She has the biggest personality and just her facial expressions alone make me chuckle! My smile wouldn’t be half as big without her in my life.
2. A compliment from my husband. I don’t think some people realise what a compliment can do to peoples self esteem when they are feeling a little down. It perks your right up.
3. This video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQknrmMj54
4. Being able to drink a full cup of hot coffee and a couple of chocolate biscuits without being interrupted.
5. Saying I love you and giving my family a big kiss and a cuddle!